Before and After Teeth Whitening
Before and after Teeth Whitening treatment at our Encino Dental office
Even though teeth whitening is a generally non-invasive procedure, many of our patients have questions regarding the teeth whitening procedure with our dentist. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your teeth whitening treatment:
Before Teeth Whitening Treatment
- Eat a meal. Teeth whitening is a quick procedure, but you may not be able to eat or drink anything for a few hours following the treatment. Make sure to have a meal so that you won’t be hungry or thirsty for at least a few hours after your dental visit.
- Make sure your teeth are clean. As with any dental visit, make sure your teeth are clean when you come into your appointment to maximize teeth whitening results.
- Follow any specific instructions given to you by our dentist. Depending on your particular case, our dentist will give you instructions that should be followed before coming to your whitening appointment at our Encino dental office.
After Teeth Whitening Treatment
- Immediately following the teeth whitening treatment, our dentist will provide a time frame as to when you can eat or drink again. Usually, this is no more than just a couple of hours. Be sure to fulfill this recommendation.
- Avoid any tooth staining foods for as long as possible. Our recommendation is at least a week or longer, if possible. Staining foods include anything that would stain a white shirt. For example, coffee, tea, red wine, curries and dark soft drinks to name a few.
- Practice excellent oral care. Brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once a day to keep your teeth extra clean.
If you have more questions or are interesting in getting teeth whitening treatment with our dentist in Encino, contact us for an appointment (818) 783-0408.