Interesting facts about dentistry!
From your favorite Encino dentist
Going to the dentist shouldn’t be boring—and here’s proof that it isn’t!
- More people choose blue toothbrushes over red ones.
- It takes 43 muscles to frown, but only 17 to smile!
- Don’t like flossing? You miss cleaning about 35% of your tooth
surface if you don’t floss.
- On average, American buy 14 million gallons of toothpaste a year.
- Tooth decay is the most common disease among Americans.
- Smiling boosts your immune system.
- 1 in 5 Americans think that their imperfect smile is holding
them back from finding love!
Did you know?
- The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself.
- Two-thirds of employees have less respect for a boss that
has bad oral hygiene.
- 1 in 5 people believe that fluoride advertisement is a marketing gimmick.
- The bristles of a toothbrush were made with pig’s hair until 1938.
- 6% of adults have no natural teeth.
- 25% of the U.S. population does not floss twice a day.
- 164 millions of hours of work are lost to dental emergencies every year.
We are dedicated to providing you with excellent service, knowledge and ways to prevent unnecessary dental treatment. Remember to visit us for your routine check-ups and cleanings. Contact our dentist in Encino today!